Prescription Drug Charges
San Diego Prescription Drug Charge Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm, PC are Prescription Drug Charge Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss Prescription Drug Charges, Reduce Prescription Drug Charges to Lesser Offenses and argue for Acquittal of Prescription Drug Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for illicit Possession, Sales, Transportation, Distribution or Manufacturing of Prescription Drugs, call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. We offer superior representation for reasonable attorneys fees. Call us anytime at 619-452-2539 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
Prescription Drug Crimes
California prohibits possessing, unauthorized selling, transportation, distribution, and manufacturing of prescription drugs. These include drugs such as Xanax, Percocet, Oxycotin, Valume, Barbiturates, Codeine, Morphine, Methadone, Fentanyl, Ritalin, Adderall, etc. A prescription drug crime can have serious consequences.
Prescription Drug Crimes We Defend
We defend any criminal charge of possession, sales, distribution, or manufacturing Prescription Drugs. Some of the most common are the following.
- Health and Safety Code 11162.5 – Counterfeiting Prescription Blanks
- Health and Safety Code 11368 – Forgery/Alteration of a Narcotic Prescription
- Health and Safety Code – 11375(b)(1) – Possession for Sale of Designated Prescription Drug
- Health and Safety Code – 11375(b)(2) – Possession of Designated Prescription Drug Without Valid Prescription
Penalties if Convicted of a Prescription Drug Crime
Crimes involving Prescription Drugs carry stiff penalties in California.
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Court Fines and Fees
- Registration as a Narcotics Offender
- Drug Programs/Rehab
- Loss of Driver’s License
- Permanent Criminal Record
If you are charged with a Prescription Drug Crime, you need an experienced and skilled criminal defense attorney. We can help you avoid many and sometimes all of the consequences of a Prescription Drug Charge. Call us today to learn more.
How Do You Beat Prescription Drug Charges?
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to Prescription Drug Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of the Prescription Drug Charge. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
- Defendant Had No Knowledge that the Prescription Drug Was Present
- Defendant Had a Valid Prescription
- Defendant Was An Authorized Seller
- Defendant had no Knowledge of the Nature of the Substance
- Defendant Did Not Possess a Usable Amount
- Statute of Limitations Has Passed
- Police Conduct Amounted to Entrapment
- The Government Cannot Prove what the Substance Is
- Police Conduct Amounts to Unlawful Search or Seizure
A successful defense to any Prescription Drug charge starts with a Confident and Competent San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
A Prescription Drug Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Take back the Upper Hand. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well-Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud based system. Its encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with any crime involving Prescription Drugs, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-452-2539 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney